Autoimmune Symptoms may “Begin” to manifest very early in life.. and be entirely different for each person. Wherever your weakest links are, is where the tissue damage will start to occur.
If someone is diagnosed with “coeliac disease”, their first symptoms (possibly many years or decades before) may have begun with:
- Cognitive problems like brain fog and headaches
- Intestinal issues such as spasms and constipation
- Fatigue and weight gain
Most autoimmune diseases take many years, many symptoms and many wasted doctor’s visits before you actually get a diagnosis
In some case you will never get a diagnosis as a lot of doctors simply don’t connect the dots.
In this pre-diagnosis period, your weakest link/s get plenty of time to manifest. Left unaddressed, further inflammation and damage may occur, and systems may become severely compromised.
All this happens without your knowledge, under your radar, fueled by stressors, poor diet (or an incorrect diet) and poor lifestyle choices. Along with a many other contributing factors and possibly a plethora of mostly unnecessary medications.
Other examples of first symptoms may be:
- Thyroid – you may start to experience cold intolerance or weight gain
- Brain – you may start forgetting things or develop memory problems in general
- Muscles & Joints – you may become weaker or start noticing aches and pains
What is the Difference between a Condition, a Disorder, a Syndrome and a Disease?
- A CONDITION is an abnormal state of health that interferes with normal feelings of well being
- A DISORDER is the result of bodily dysfunction
- A SYNDROME is a collection of associated symptoms and signs that consistently occur together (these may suggest a particular disease)
- A DISEASE occurs when dysfunction has progressed to organ damage. This may be a result of one or all of the above.
Pathway of Autoimmunity
CELL DAMAGE = TISSUE DAMAGE = ORGAN INFLAMMATION = ORGAN DAMAGE = Symptom = diagnosis
all unfelt by you… until you get a SYMPTOM, go to the doctor and (if you lucky) finally get a DIAGNOSIS!
Unfortunately those suffering with an autoimmune disease commonly will have other inflammatory conditions manifesting as symptoms. There may be other weak links in your chain with the strong possibility of developing other autoimmune diseases.
This can result in a cascade of pain and inflammation and loss of quality of life
SCALE of AUTOIMMUNITY
VIBRANT HEALTH at one end and DISEASE at the other
Where inflammation first appears as a symptom is the weakest link in your metabolic chain. The location is determined by your physical, chemical and emotional stressors.
There may be a genetic weakness; although, it’s how you live your life that determines if this genetic factor is expressed.
Is Inflammation Pulling on your Chain?
Where are your weakest links?
CHECKLIST – Common Symptoms for Developing an Autoimmune Disease
NOTE*** This is a very generalised list, there are literally hundreds of manifestations.
Whatever your symptoms are; whether on this list or not, they are still very relevant and still a red flag that must not be ignored
- Brain fog
- Memory issues
- Attention & learning problems
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis) & psoriasis
- Edema (swelling) or swollen glands
SINUS, MOUTH & LUNGS
- Dry mouth
- Bad breath
- Discoloured tongue
- Frequent colds
- Hair loss
- Weight gain or loss
- Cold or heat intolerance
JOINTS & MUSCLES
- Muscle pain & weakness
- Feeling “wired & tired
- Digestive issues may also indicate irritable bowel disease (IBD)
- Cramping or spasm
- Bloating or belching
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Heartburn or reflux
Do you have any of these or other Symptoms?
Please don’t ignore them or allow them to accumulate and become chronic. Don’t just think they’re nothing serious or that they’ll just go away on their own.
Symptoms are red flags telling you something is wrong and the body can no longer deal with it on its own.
You may be on you way to a full blown autoimmune disease without even knowing it.
10 Existing Conditions that are Huge Autoimmunity RED FLAGS
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Low HCl (stomach acid)
- Yeast infections
- Recurrent infections
- Medications & Antibiotic overuse
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Fertility issues
There are over 80 Autoimmune Diseases
REMEMBER… Disease only occurs when this dysfunction has progressive to Organ Damage
15 Common Autoimmune Diseases
- Diabetes Type 1 & Diabetes Type 2
- Inflammatory Bowel Disorders (Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative colitis)
- Coeliac Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Hashimoto’s Disease (underactive thyroid)
- Graves disease (overactive thyroid)
- Chronic Fatigue
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Myasthenia Gravis
AUTOIMMUNE disease can take years, or decades for symptoms to compound enough for a diagnosis
As a Natural Health Practitioner I specialise in helping people to heal naturally. I ask the right questions and I will know (in a very short period of time) if this is the path you are on.
Don’t wait years and become worse in the process just to find out what is wrong with you.
My knowledge is broad and I am very confident in my ability to assist others, no matter what life throws at them.
Whether I’m treating a minor ailment or assisting someone to heal from something more complex such as and autoimmune disease will be able to guide you.
BEFORE YOU GO!